A few things since the
finished banner was put up.
Got in all my rope (new england sta-set) 5/16 halyards and 3/8 jib sheets. I have just used bowlines for now on the knots.
The main item completed was my unique mast raising system. The safety rails on top of the cabin just happen to end on the axis of the mast so I tied off my stays there.
Also ran the mainsheet and made the outhaul.
I just like this picture.
Here is the raising system beginning to hold the mast.
As you can see here the mast is not prevented from going off-center since there are no baby stays.
This was the maximum length of the block set up so i added a piece of old halyard and then lowered again using the blocks for the hard part.
I am letting the mast rest in this position for now until i take it back out from under the cover and mess with it again.
LETS REVIEW WHATS LEFT!
NO MOTOR! Need to pick up the johnson 15 and see if it is usable in this application (if it works).
HOLES IN THE FOREDECK! I need to take this plate and cut the riser off of it and mount my bow light on it and screw it to the deck. I dont think i will be making a sprit.
OMG NO TILLER!! Perhaps the most necessary of all the line items.
ANCHOR LIGHT! They are incredibly expensive for some reason. I am thinking of reusing mine and just caulking it where the gasket goes.
MASTHEAD LIGHT! This boat has no wiring, and that includes the mast.
LOOK FOR MORE PROGRESS NEXT WEEK AS I CLOSE IN ON THE FIRST TRIP.
<< Back to Over Keel Home.