This week starts a transition
from restoration to mods. Simply a terminology difference, but instead of pointing
out each change, I will show what needs to be done to be complete.
Sunday morning I raised the mast (having already installed all the hardware with the help of friends and family of course)
Later in the day I had now installed the rub-rail insert from taco metals. It fits perfectly and really makes the boat look finished.
Another view of rigging.
Another view, showing the nicely tinted windows and Over Keel lettering placement.
Very close view of over keel logo.
The finished cap after being washed.
Another view looking afore.
The oak, cypress and teak showcase.
Genoa setup (I dont have a genoa... :/ )
ITEMS TO ADDRESS BEFORE FIRST SAIL:
NO MOTOR! Need to pick up the johnson 15 and see if it is usable in this application (if it works).
HOLES IN THE FOREDECK! I need to take this plate and cut the riser off of it and mount my bow light on it and screw it to the deck. I dont think i will be making a sprit.
OMG NO TILLER!! Perhaps the most necessary of all the line items.
RUDDER BLADE DOES NOT FIT! Have to insert some washers on the aft side to allow it to slip in.
TEAK NEEDS OIL! This board as well as part of my mainsheet and the hatch sliders.
ANCHOR LIGHT! They are incredibly expensive for some reason. I am thinking of reusing mine and just caulking it where the gasket goes.
MASTHEAD LIGHT! This boat has no wiring, and that includes the mast.
HALYARDS! There are halyards present, but I will be pulling in new 5/16 black sta-set for the halyards.
LOOK FOR MORE PROGRESS NEXT WEEK AS I CLOSE IN ON THE FIRST TRIP.
<< Back to Over Keel Home.